Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Think Pink!!


Today's SCS color challenge was to use variations of pink on your card in honor of the upcoming Avon Breast Cancer Walk. This challenge was just that...a challenge for me. Not because the colors were difficult to use, but because this was an emotional challenge for me. As I sat down to make this card I reflected on those that I've lost over the years to multiple types of cancer. Most recently my brother-in-law's mother- Barb, my stepmom's father- Vern, and my cousin's wife- Chrissy, who was only in her early 20's. Also my friend, Ashley's future sister-in-law is battling breast cancer as we speak so say a prayer for her! I know this card is pretty simple compared to the types of cards I usually make, but like I said- it was a challenge. My colors are Rose Red, Regal Rose, and White. The inside sentiment reads "God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone, but on trees, and flowers, and clouds, and stars- Martin Luther" My thoughts and prayers go out to those who are survivors or those who lost the battle to any type of cancer!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank You!