Thursday, May 17, 2007

Pre-VSN Card


Sorry I wasn't able to post yesterday. Austin's class had a fieldtrip and I decided to tag along- but I'll have lots of posts today and tomorrow because we are going camping again this weekend. This card is for the pre-VSN (virtual stamp night) challenge. I don't know how many challenges I'll be able to do so I wanted to get a head start on the pre-challenges. This one requires seeds somewhere on the card. This card ended up being a little harder than I had planned, but I'm happy with the end result. I love shaker cards, but I have a hard time making them, mainly because I end up spilling whatever I'm using for the shaker. Today I used sunflower seeds from our bird feeder.My card base is Ruby Red. The bottom portion is a scrap of fall paper that I had left over. I used chocolate ribbon across the middle to cover the seam. For the "sunflower" I used 2 chip board flowers and cut a circle out of the middle (the hardedst part). I sponged both with Summer Sun, More Mustard, and Old Olive. I put the seeds in the middle and I'm still deciding on a sentiment I want to use, but I hope you like the simplicity of it.

No comments: