Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Love Of A Lifetime...


This card was so much fun, that I'm going to teach this technique at my workshop this weekend. It is called Joseph's Coat. I just recently bought a brayer so I could do some of these awesome techniques and I'm glad I did.It was one of those things that kept getting pushed to the bottom of the wish list. For the card base I used Cranberry Crisp. The next layer is True Thyme. I used the Doodle This set for this card. I stamped the doodles in True Thyme ink onto the T.T cardstock. Then I stamped the sentiment "love of a lifetime-a lifetime of love" in black also on the T.T cardstock. I also tied a piece of True Thyme stitched ribbon around it. Now for the fun part. Messy, but fun. I took a piece of glossy cardstock and used the brayer to apply several different colors onto the c.s. I used True Thyme, More Mustard, Cranberry Crisp, and Cool Caribbean. I let that dry for a few seconds.Then I rubbed it with the embossing buddy to remove any static. I stamped the flower doodle in Versamark onto the c.s. After that I sprinkled the flowers with dazzling diamonds and crystal clear embossing power. I melted that with the heat gun, then brayered over the entire piece of glossy c.s. in black. I took a paper towel to to wipe off the access black from the doodles, so you can see the multiple colors that I used. I layered that on More Mustard and attatched to my card. Now it's your turn!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh--what a neat card! I love it! Guess what...it is 1:00am and I just woke up... (I fell asleep at like 7pm) and I have stamp club tomorrow and no paper cut...so I have to do cut paper until I go to work. LOL!!! Oops!!!! I waited a little too long this time. Oh well... I'll get it done!! Love ya! Ash~