Thursday, May 31, 2007

Garden Apron


I've seen a few of these made and I think they are so adorable. I wanted to give it a shot, but couldn't find a template. I drew mine freehand and I don't love the way it turned out, but I wasn't about to waste this awesome Four Seasons d.p. I did faux stitching around the apron. I added eyelets and ribbon for the ties. And my favorite part is the pocket I made with the tag punch. I just turned it upside down when I attatched it to the apron. I stuck a few seed packets inside and there you have it. My boys have been begging me to let them start a garden and I wasn't anxious to do it, but this card was a little bit of a push to get me going.

4 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Erica, here is where I got my apron pattern years ago when they were kinda the "thing" Ü
http://www.ruthannzaroff.com/mirkwooddesigns/barbecue.htm

Melissa said...

This is fabulous! I wish I had seen it before Mother's Day because my MIL would have loved it!

Erica Payne said...

Debbie- thanks so much for the pattern info. Very helpful.

Anonymous said...

you are so awesome!!