Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Beachabella & Surfafella


This is the first time using my new Surfafella. I had tons of fun making this card, And today was definately summer weather, so it was easy to get in the mood for this one.The card base is Buckaroo Blue. The d.p. is from Stampin' Up's Playhouse collection. I used Marigold Morning and ran it through the Cuttlebug with the spots and Dots embossing folder for the strip down the left side. I used a piece of orange ribbon on the top and bottom of the Marigold strip and also used the paper piercer for a row of holes above and below the ribbon. The main image is layered on Garden Green and up on dimensionals. I stamped Bella and Fella in black. Then I colored them with Prismacolor markers. I used the small circle stamp from the Riveting hostess set, stamped it in summer sun and did the rock and roll technique with Really Rust around the edge of the circle to get the sun effect. I sponged the top 2/3 of the white cardstock with Ballet Blue for the sky and the bottom 1/3 in Creamy Carmel for sand. I put dazzling diamonds on Bella's suit, bag, sunglasses, and Fella's whistle. You can't tell from the picture, but I put crystal effects on his surfboard so it's raised and shiny. Then I stamped the sentiment "be playful" in black from (TAC). I also used the paper piercer around the top right corner and bottom left corner of the Garden Green cardstock. How fun is that!?

No comments: