Thursday, June 7, 2007

I Have The Best Husband....EVER


and the cutest kids, but we're not talking about them right now. Most of you know that my birthday is next Tuesday. And if you didn't- you do now!! Dustin is like a child that can't keep a secret when it comes to buying gifts. I didn't think he was going to get me much of anything this year because we just got a camper, we are getting a new roof, and things like that. In the car tonight on our way home from Walmart he starts gabbing about memory cards and blah, blah, blah, and truthfully- I wasn't listening, but he did tell me he got me a present (I heard that part!) and wanted to know if I wanted it now. I told him it's not my b-day yet so I can wait. He couldn't though. We got home, unloaded groceries, and I was at the table and he said to close my eyes. When I opened them he handed me a plastic bag (from Best Buy), but I didn't even notice that. It was a memory card. I was bummed and tried to tell him (gently) that I already had two and don't need another. He got that puppy dog look on his face and played me for a fool for the longest time. He then says "I guess I'll take this back then". OMG!!! It was a new digital camera. There isn't anything WRONG with the one I have, but I wanted a better one. This one is awesome and so small!! It's a Kodak V1003. 10 MP. Holy cow!! I think photography is going to be my next love. So now Father's Day is coming up and how do I top this!?

4 comments:

Ashley said...

OH MY GOSH!! ERICA-- that is AWESOME!!! He is so sweet!!!! THe part about you not listening...cracked me up! I was rolling! I so do that all the time!! LOL!!! CONGRATS Girly!! Hugs! Ash~

Anonymous said...

tell him to buy his favorite sister one too!!

Anonymous said...

You lucky girl you! I tried to get one for mother's day. Instead I got chocolate! The next best thing.......for me anyway!

courtney said...

Erica that is so cool! What a keeper! I think the best part was all in his delivery...had ya goin', huh?! Isn't it funny that you can totally do the not listening thing...but when it gets to the mentioning of gifts those ears perk up! I'm so excited for you.