Sunday, June 3, 2007

Fore You



Today's SCS challenge is to choose a card from the featured stampers gallery and change a few things to make it your own. The featured stamped is Tosha (stamp4funin CA). She has so many awesome cards to choose from, that I will probably be casing several today. She uses lots of layers on her cards and I tend to do that too! The first one I chose was her golf card. Last night we played Putt-Putt and my son loves golf, so it was easy to get in the right frame of mind for this card. My card uses Buckaroo Blue for the card base. The bottom half uses the Karen Foster Argyle paper. I used Sahara Sand to distress everything. I inlaid the golf balls at the bottom, but that was tricky because this set (Fore- by TAC) only comes with one big golf ball- so I had to do some modifications. I found a tiny circle stamp from another set. I inked up the big golf ball with S.Sand and did the kissing technique to get the print from the big golf ball onto the tiny circle. It worked better than I thought it would. All layers are on dimensionals as well. The next layer is white that had been "bugged" and distress. It is layered on Always Artichoke. I used 9 grey eyelets around the top and sides of these layers. The main image is stamped on white and I colored the golfer in with ink from the pad lids and a blender pen. I spomged Bashful Blue over most of it for sky and a little Garden Green at the bottom for grass. For the sun I inked up the small circle from Riveting in Summer Sun. Then I did the rock-n-roll technique with Pumpkin Pie to get the darker color around the edges. I LOVE that technique. I attached it to a layer of more Karen Foster plaid paper with brads. For the tag at the bottom I stamped Enjoy Your Day from Riveting in Buckaroo Blue. I punched it out, layered it on A. Artichoke, and attached it to a Buckaroo Blue slider that I cut out with the bug. I added brads and tied a ribbon through it. I hope I did Tosha's card justice. Mine is the card on top. What do you think?

No comments: