Monday, March 19, 2007

Brock's Baptism Card


I needed a baptism card for my nephew for next weekend, but was stumped on what to use because I have no stamps for that sort of thing. But I think what I came up with will work perfectly! This was my first attempt at a shadow box card and it turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself! Using 2 sheets of cardstock or paper (I used Very Vanilla for the back and Au Chocolat D.S. paper for the front), cut them both at 4 1/2 x 5 1/2. Score both sheets at both ends at 1 1/2 & 1". I stamped the teddy bear from Bundle of Joy in Chocolate chip ink on the Very Vanilla cardstock and I used my 2-way glue pen and dusted him with brown flock to make him fuzzy. I added a chocolate bow on his neck and cut out a cross that I stamped in gold and dusted with Dazzling Diamonds glitter and attatched to my bear with dimensionals. For the front of the card I cut out an oval and attatched a window sheet to the inside. I stamped BLESSED from the So Very SAB set in Very Vanilla/ dusted with Dazzling Diamonds onto Chocolate Chip cardstock punched with the word window punch. I attatched it with cream grosgrain ribbon and that's all there is to it. What is neat about this type of card is that is can be laid flat to fit into a regular envelope for mailing.

No comments: