Sunday, March 18, 2007

April Swap Challenge- Shaker Card


This card was quick and easy. Good thing because I'll be making 10 of them to send out in a couple of weeks to my stampinggirls. I hope they like it. I haven't done a shaker card for probably 2 years- so I was pleased at how this one turned out. For the card base I used Cool Caribbean. Plan on seeing that color from me a lot before it retires. It reminds me of summer. With Cool Caribbean ink I stamped the dots on the top half and the petal outline on the bottom half from Polka Dots & Paisley. Then I put a strip of Old Olive across the middle and layered it with a smaller strip of Petals & Paisleys designer paper. On a smaller square of Whisper White I stamped the flower from Polka Dots & Petals as well as the sentiment using Old Olive, So Saffron, Pretty in Pink, and Cool Caribbean. Around the outside of W.W. Cardstock I placed double sided foam tape. For the next part you have to lay you card flat and put microbeads on the W.W. C.S. and place a window sheet over top to close in your beads. Then I stamped the small flowers from Polka Dots & Petals in So Saffrom on a square of So Saffron C.S. and cut out a section from the center to make a "window frame". I wrapped a piece of pink ribbon around the frame and attatched a frog charm from Walmart. It's very springy and I hope you all like it!

No comments: