Monday, April 23, 2007

Bundle Of Boy


I said that this weekend I was planning on making some baby boy cards. Well, it was 80 degrees and we brought home our new camper- so we worked on that instead. Here is one that I made this morning though and will probably whip up a few other after the kids lay down for a nap. I used Always Artichoke for the card base, then More Mustard for the next layer. I ran that through the Cuttlebug using the BABY embossing folder and scalloped around the entire thing. Today's SCS technique challenge was to create a tab for your cards to resemble the Levi jeans red tabs. I used the round tab punch on Bordering Blue C.S. for mine and I stamped "Boy Oh Boy" from the Just So Sayings set in Always Artichoke. The band in the middle is Bordering Blue layered with a strip of the Treehouse designer paper. I wrapped a piece of organdy ribbon around that and tied it in a knot, then added two safety pins. The main image is the giraffe from the Bundle Of Joy set. I stamped him with Timber Brown StazOn and watercolored him with More Mustard. For the brown areas I used my 2-way glue pen and dusted them with brown flock so they are fuzzy. He is layered on Bordering Blue and Always Artichoke and I used the ticket corner punch on the White and Bordering Blue before adding the brads to the corners. I hope everyone is having a great start to a new week!

No comments: