Monday, April 16, 2007

Austin's First Communion Invites


Okay, I'm not too sure I love these, but I was trying to come up with something quick so I can get them in the mail this week. I was inspired by the scrapbook paper that I bought to scrap his First Communion pictures for the colors for these invites. I usually put an invitation in their scrapbooks, so I like them to somewhat coordinate. I do like the simplicity and elegance of them, however. They will have to do! The card base is Chocolate Chip, layered with Creamy Carmel- ran through the Cuttlebug -using the Swirls embossing folder and scalloped at the bottom by taking the guard off of my corner rounder punch. For the main image I stamped a cross and "You're Invited" with gold ink on Creamy Carmel. I used the ticket corner punch for the corners and wrapped a piece of gold organdy ribbon around it. I then layered it on Chocolated Chip and mounted it on dimensionals. The inside has the info for his First Communion.This picture doesn't do this card justice, because the colors look goofy. You get the idea though! God Bless!

No comments: