Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Tin Ornament



This is more of a Christmas idea, but it doesn't have to be. I made it right after Christmas, but never posted it. I can't take the credit for this being my idea. I got the idea from Lauren. If you've never visited her blog, you need to. She has so many of her items published. That's how good she is. Back to the ornament. I had a few of these litttle tins left from when I made the advent calendar, so I turned them into ornaments. First I adhered a piece of d.p to the inside of the tin. Then I stamped my penguin (from C.C. Designs) onto white paper and created a "hill of snow. Then I made two more hills to put behind him. With dimensionals I attached all of hill to the back of the tin. With the Crop-A-Dile I punched a hole in the tin to tie a ribbon through, then I glued the lid on with Crystal Effects. It really wasn't that difficult and you could do so many things with this. Austin has an "outdoorsy" themed Christmas tree, so I made him one of these using the noble deer set. It turned out kind of cool! Have a great day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! That penquin is adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Love this idea. How cute is that. You could use it for any holiday. Hmmmm. Hey when I click on Lauren's link you have, it takes me to splicoaststampers home page. What is her screen name over there.
Dawn B.