Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Handprint Sheep


Most of you know that I am a daycare provider, and I'm always doing projects with them to keep their little hands busy so they aren't getting into trouble. At the beginning of this school year I started doing a handprint or footprint project with the kids and put them in a binder for the families to take home at the end of the year. For September they made handprint sunflowers and in the center I put their picture. October was a footprint ghost, November was a handprint turkey, December was a handprint wreath, January was a handprint snowflake, February was handprint hearts, March was handprint shamrocks, and today we started April's a little early because I have so many little people's to get done. The kids were so excited because they got to use some of my punches and the Cuttlebug. I started by painting their hand black. They used the Cuttlebug with the swirls embossing folder and then punched out a large circle with my Giga scallop punch for the body and a smaller one with the scallop punch for the head. They glued on wiggly eyes and a cotton ball tail and using the word window punch made ears. I think they turned out so cute and a great reminder of spring. I might be sharing more kids crafts in the future, if you don't mind.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is adorable. Great idea for little hands. Love your creativity. Hope your parents do too.
Dawn B.

Anonymous said...

Don't mind you sharing these projects at all! They are so cute and I'm sure the parents are going to enjoy them.

Ashley said...

Oh My Heavens! I love it!!! How cute!!! If I were a parent of one of the children you watch...I'd be so proud!!! Great creativity!! HUGS!Ash~
www.ashleyscreativecorner.com

Heather P. said...

Oh my gosh, this is just THE cutest thing ever! :)