Saturday, July 26, 2008

Live, Love, Laugh And Then Some


That is the title in the header of my sweet downline, Haley's blog. Why am I telling you this, you ask? Today's SCS IC was to find inspiration in someone's web design. It can be the layout, colors, the header, or whatever you want. I went with all of those things as inspiration for my card. As soon as I saw this challenge I knew her blog would be the one I would use. I love the colors together- chocolate chip, rose red, pumpkin pie, and olive green. And I also knew that the flower fusion felt flowers would be a perfect match for this as well. So, here's what I did... the base of the card is Rose Red. The next layer is Chocolate Chip stamped with random flowers with white and Old Olive craft ink. Next is another layer, this time Old Olive. I wanted to give the feel of the title of the header, so I used the word Love and Cherish. stamped in Chocolate Chip. Those are the closest I had to the actual title (Live, Love, Laugh and then some). Next is the thin strip of Pumpkin Pie through the middle, and I actually stamped the word cherish on this layer. Then I printed the quote she has on her header on the computer and printed it out, rounded the corners and added a few felt flowers. Lastly, I added several more felt flowers to the top right corner and some buttons. I hope I did Haley proud on this one and if you haven't already- head over to her blog, check out her header, and give her a shout out and let her know I sent ya! Oh, I did get a chance to get Lauren's SAturday sketch done, but I also have one from her sketch from last Saturday so I will post them both tomorrow.

2 comments:

Haley said...

Very cool!!! :-) I love it! I cannot believe how much you got it to look like my blog.

You rock!

SmilynStef said...

Very fun blog ... and great inspired card.