Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Cupcake Catastrophe

This, my friends, is not the face of innocence. Quite the opposite actually. Hemi is now 9 months old and 56 pounds. I'm not quite sure how, but somewhere along the line we have created a monster. That, or I'm just a bad dog owner. You remember that yesterday I was on a field trip with Carter. If you've ever been on a field trip with 3 classes of preschoolers you know how tiring that can be. Then we had t-ball last night. By the time we got home and got baths and bedtime over with, the last thing I wanted to do was bake cupcakes. But I promised Cameron that I would. You see, he has a July birthday. Since he will not be in school then the teacher decided to celebrate his birthday today, May 19th. So I went to work baking "baseball" cupcakes. It wasn't that they are a lot of work so much as that by this time it was 9:30 and I'd much rather be in bed. So I get the cupcakes made, set them on the counter to cool, and run to the bathroom. I was gone all of 2 minutes and I came bake into the kitchen to find that all 30 cupcakes have been devowered by this 4 legged monster.(No, they weren't chocolate). Needless to say, in an effort not to kill her she was grounded to her crate for the rest of the night, and back to the store I went for more cake mix. By 11:30 I had all of the cupcakes baked, frosted, and decorated but I did not take a picture of them, because well, it was 11:30 at night!
I will be back in a few with the project I promised to share today. I just had to share this story with you.

2 comments:

erin said...

poor hemi just wanted a treat too!!

Heather P. said...

Ugh, I feel your pain Erica! We also have a very very naughty pup!! :(